How many "best homemade mac and cheese" recipes are on the internet? Tons!
But SMOKED mac and cheese made for your grill? This gooey four-cheese mac is the only one you'll ever need or want again!
Serves: 6-8 people
1. Set up your grill or smoker to heat to approximately 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. While pasta is cooking, make white sauce: Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk flour into the butter. Cook for 2 minutes, until thick and bubbly. Increase to medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes (stirring constantly), until thickened.
4. Add in cream cheese, salt, and pepper, and stir until cream cheese is melted.
5. Add in half of the cheddar, half of the gouda, and all of the parmesan. Stir until fully melted.
6. Add in cooked and drained macaroni. Stir until pasta is thoroughly coated with cheese mixture.
7. Coat inside of aluminum pan with cooking spray.
8. Pour macaroni and cheese into aluminum pan and spread evenly.
9. Sprinkle remaining cheddar and gouda cheese over the top.
10. Place in preheated grill or smoker and cook for approximately 1 hour, until brown, bubbly, and delicious!