These mashed potatoes are perfect for a large family or small party. They can be made in advance of the busy day and then reheated easily on the grill (or in the oven)!
Serves: 8-10 people (makes approximately 8 cups of mashed potatoes)
1. Add potato pieces to boiling salted water and simmer until tender (usually 15-20 minutes).
2. Drain well.
3. Empty potatoes into a large bowl and mash until smooth.
4. Add cream cheese, sour cream, onion salt, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the butter to the potatoes.
5. Mix with a fork or electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
6. Empty into 9x13 inch or larger pan that is suitable for refrigerator storage and later for cooking in the oven or on the grill.
7. When potatoes are cool, cover and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks (or proceed directly to next step).
8. On feasting day: Uncover potatoes and dot the top with the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter.
9. Reheat in oven or on grill at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, approximately 30 minutes.